In general, the typical height of a towel bar should be 48 inches above the level of the floor. This is true for both the hand towel ring and the key ring. If you are installing towel bars in a children’s bathroom, you may want to consider installing the bar at a lower height (36 inches from the floor).
How high should a towel ring be installed?
Towel bars and towel rings are a must-have. Towel bars should be 42 to 48 inches above the floor on a standard basis. Hotel-style towel racks (which have towel bars as well as a top shelf and are often positioned over the toilet) should be installed at least 48 inches above the ground.
How high off the floor should a towel bar be?
Hanging Towel Bars and Towel Organizers Towel bars should be 42 to 48 inches above the floor on a standard basis, according to industry standards. If you have a hotel-style towel rack (which has towel bars and a top shelf and is often positioned over the toilet), it should be at least 48 inches above the ground.
Where should hand towels be placed in a bathroom?
6 Suggestions for Hanging a Hand Towel
- Hooks or a rail on the side of the vanity. Photo courtesy of MINOSA – Browse bathroom design ideas.
- Side Rail on Wall Next to Vanity Find inspiration for your bathroom design with this photo by LSA Architects
- In addition to a hand towel hook, a hand towel ring/holder can be draped over the edge of a vanity bench (not truly hanging, but it is an alternative).
How do you hang a towel on a towel ring?
For best results, lay the hand towel down flat on a counter or table and fold it in half width-wise before hanging it. The towel will keep its length, but its breadth will be reduced by half from its original size. Make sure you feed this towel through the ring so that half of it hangs out the rear and the other half hangs out the front.
How high should a robe hook be mounted?
Simply said, while it is typically advised that hooks be installed around 5 feet above the floor, consider your own height, the reach of your children, and the length of your linens before finalizing your hook placement options.
Where do you hang a towel in a small bathroom?
Storage Solutions for Towels in a Small Bathroom
- Towel rings and bars are a practical choice.
- Baskets are another option. Locate over-the-shower towel racks and hang them on a hook on the wall. Cabinets should be installed in vacant areas. Make use of the extra space above your toilet. The area beneath the sink has been squandered. It is still fashionable to have a towel stand.